THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION
We look forward to welcoming you to this historic location. Please familiarise yourself with the following rules for House users and share these with your events team/colleagues who are coordinating the event.
PANMURE HOUSE RULES OF USE
OPENING TIMES & STAFFING CHARGE
Panmure House is manned on an ad-hoc basis between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Any events that fall outwith these times will incur a set staffing charge of £100 per hour, up to a maximum of £600.
If you require access to the building outwith the above times, please inform a member of Panmure staff with a minimum of 72 hours’ notice.
We require 14 days’ notice should you choose to cancel your event. Cancellations within the 14-day period prior to your event are subject to fees. Please correspond with the venue immediately in the event of a cancellation.
- Panmure colleagues are happy to assist in whatever way we can regarding the venue itself (e.g. liaising with caterers or set-up and infrastructure within the venue). However, the planning and delivery of the event remains your responsibility.
- The building is to be left as found. Any items, equipment or debris left over from an event may result in an additional charge to you for Panmure staff having to arrange for them to be removed.
- Care of the venue remains your responsibility during the hours of your event although a member of Panmure staff is likely to be onsite should you require any assistance.
- Cleaning of the venue is undertaken every Wednesday. If the house requires extra cleaning, we are happy to arrange and will pass on the cost (£60).
- Any damages or repairs should be highlighted immediately to the Panmure team.
- It is the Event Hosts’ responsibility to notify guests of health and safety procedures, fire protocols and our strict no smoking policy.
- You are responsible for disallowing any act which may affect the reputation of Panmure House, Heriot-Watt University and/or the Premises. In addition, you must not permit any unlawful activities and it is important you comply with all applicable licences and third-party consents.
HEALTH & FIRE SAFETY
You will be briefed on fire safety protocols for Panmure House prior to your event. It is essential you know what to do in the unlikely event of an alarm and it is also your responsibility to address this to guests at the start of the event. You will be notified in advance if there is a planned alarm test on the day of your event, otherwise assume any sounding alarm is NOT a drill. Should any theft, damage, accidents and injuries occur during an event, please report it to Panmure Staff immediately.
GENERAL HOUSE RULES
- Use of pyrotechnics, fireworks, strobe lighting and hazardous substances are prohibited.
- No illicit substances/items are to be taken onto the premises at any time.
- Any persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. The Panmure Team / caterers / serving staff may request proof of age or identity to any guests attending events where alcohol is consumed
Changes should not be made to:
- The internal layout
- The gardens outside
- It is prohibited to use nails, screws, drawing pins, bluetack, tape or other means to fix anything to the:
- TV screens
- Please ensure all corridors, gangways, staircases, fire exits and passageways are free from obstruction.
- Smoking is not permitted within the building, or on the terrace under any circumstances. During the event guests and staff must only smoke outwith the perimeter of Panmure House. Attendees must be informed of this from the outset.
- Any furniture moved during the event must be returned to its original place when the event has ended.