Panmure House has three main function rooms, each with their own individual characteristics.
The Interpretation Suite is the first room you enter upon arrival to Panmure. It serves as a fantastic reception area as well as an ideal holding space for event attendees. Situated on the ground floor, the suite comfortably holds up to 40 people standing or 20 seated.
On the first floor, the Reading Room plays host to intimate dinners and high-level seminars. Set up boardroom style as standard but with a maximum seating capacity of 50. The Room features three large bookcases fit to model an exact replica of Smith's collection, paying tribute to him as a true bibliophile.
The Lecture Room sits directly above the Reading Room on the second floor. With a little more floor space, this room has hosted some of our highest level lectures to date, seating up to 60 guests and ample room for staging.
All three rooms can be in use simultaneously but due to the furniture restrictions, some combinations of layouts may not be possible (e.g. full lecture setup in both the Reading and Lecture Room).
- Interpretation Suite – 10m long x 8m wide x 2.3m high
- The Reading Room - 10.7m long x 4.7m wide x 2.9m high
- The Lecture Room - 10.7m long x 5m wide x 3.2m high
Onsite furniture includes:
- 64 x Stackable chairs with Oak frame and upholstered seat and back
- 12 x Rectangular tables 1400mm x 700mm (4.5ft x 2ft) with de-mountable Oak top and folding legs
- 12 x Circular tables 1200mm (4ft) diameter with de-mountable Oak top and folding legs
Additional furniture such as poseur tables and additional catering stands can be hired directly from your chosen caterer.
Panmure House is fully equipped to allow for a comfortable experience for wheelchair users.
The House has both an exterior* and interior lift as well as a disabled toilet on our ground floor. The Panmure Team are fully trained in wheelchair evacuation and the equipment in the event of an emergency is situated on the second floor.
*The Team kindly ask for notice ahead of an event or visit in which the exterior lift may need to be used. This allows for setup in advance and prevents any delay whilst waiting outdoors which can be particularly unpleasant for our guests in the typical Scottish weather!
Audio Visual & IT Facilities
Both our Reading Room and Lecture Room are equipped with the following:
- 92-inch plasma presentation screen
- A built in PC to accommodate presentations / slides
- USB and HDMI connection to plug in your own laptop device
- 1 wireless PowerPoint presentation clicker
- Lectern with adjustable height and built in static microphone
- 1 lapel (clip on) microphone connected to the speakers in the ceiling
- 1 handheld roving microphone (across both sites) connected to the speakers in the ceiling
- Guest WiFi
Zoom is enabled on our PC for you to log on with your usual business credentials.
We have the ability to establish a link between the two rooms via Zoom. This allows you to relay what is happening in one of the rooms, or you can set up a two-way call between both rooms. You can also call out or have someone call you using Zoom. Should you require this facility, please discuss this with us in advance of your event.
For additional audio visual production support, you must use our approved contractor VIDEO PRODUCTION EDINBURGH. This includes for hybrid and digital event delivery, filming, editing, subtitling, audio enhancement and more.
EVENT SETUP & ROOM LAYOUTS
For sample layouts and furniture configurations, please click below.