We have 3 main function rooms in the House, each with their own individual characteristics.
The Interpretation Suite is the first room you meet upon arrival to Panmure. It serves as a lobby/reception as well as an ideal holding space for event attendees. Situated on the ground floor, the suite comfortably holds up to 40 people standing.
On the first floor, the Reading Room plays host to intimate dinners and high-level seminars. With a seating capacity of 50, the Room features 3 large bookcases fit to model an exact replica of Smith's collection, paying tribute to him as a true bibliophile.
The Lecture Room sits directly above the Reading Room on the second floor. With a little more floor space, this room has hosted some of our highest level lectures to date, seating up to 64 guests and ample room for staging.
All 3 rooms can be in use simultaneously but due to the furniture restrictions, some combinations of layouts may not be possible (e.g. full lecture setups in the Reading and Lecture Room).
Room dimensions are:
- Interpretation Suite – 10m long x 8m wide x 2.3m high
- The Reading Room - 10.7m long x 4.7m wide x 2.9m high
- The Lecture Room - 10.7m long x 5m wide x 3.2m high
Onsite furniture includes:
- 64 x Stackable chairs with Oak frame and upholstered seat and back
- 12 x Rectangular tables 1400mm x 700mm with de-mountable Oak top and folding legs
- 12 x Circular tables 1200mm diameter with de-mountable Oak top and folding legs
Additional furniture such as poseur tables and additional catering stands can be hired directly from your chosen caterer.
Panmure House is fully equipped to allow for a comfortable experience for wheelchair users.
The House has both an exterior* and interior lift as well as a disabled toilet on our Ground Floor in the Interpretation Suite area. The Panmure Team are fully trained in wheelchair evacuation and the equipment in the event of an emergency is situated on the second floor.
*The Team kindly ask for notice ahead of an event or visit in which the exterior lift may need to be used. This allows for setup in advance and prevents any delay whilst waiting outdoors which can be particularly unpleasant for our guests in the typical Scottish weather!
Audio Visual & IT Facilities
Each of our two function rooms are equipped with:
- 92-inch plasma presentation screen
- A built in PC per room so that any presentations / slides you require can be brought on a USB stick that will transmit directly onto the screen. A clicker for presentations is also provided.
- 1 x tie clip microphone that is connected to the speakers in the ceiling
- Lectern, with static microphone
- Zoom is also enabled on the computer so you should be able to log on with your usual business credentials.
- Guest WiFi
Zoom means you can easily establish a link between the two rooms. This allows you to relay what is happening in one of the rooms or you can set up a two-way call between both rooms. You can also call out or have someone call you using Zoom.
For additional audio visual production support, you must use our approved contractor VIDEO PRODUCTION EDINBURGH. This includes for hybrid and digital event delivery, filming, editing, subtitling, audio enhancement and more.