Continuous lifelong professional learning at Panmure house
Our CLPL training supports the continuing professional development of teachers with free access to high-quality learning, teaching and development opportunities.
27 May: Debate & Discussion Technique CLPL workshop (in person)
- Date: Friday 27th May 2022
- Format: 15:30-17:00
- Cost: Free
- Format: a tour of Panmure House, training session followed by afternoon tea and refreshments
- Location: 4 Lochend Close, Edinburgh, EH8 8BL (easily accessed via buses and parking at Holyrood Park - more info about how to find us) Note: seating is limited in Panmure House so register and confirm your attendance soon to secure your place.
- To register: complete the form below
- Contact: Panmure House (for the attention of Natasha Ashley)
- What to bring: iPad (to access materials)
Facilitators: Natasha Ashley (Programme Executive: Panmure House) & Camilla Ross (Education Consultant & Teacher)
- Welcome & brief tour of Panmure House (tea and coffee upon arrival)
- Overview of the Smith Schools' Series & history of Panmure House
- Debate and discussion technique training with guidance about teaching public speaking and presentation skills
- Register and get set up for the Smith Schools' Series (opportunity to set up and test your login)
- Afternoon tea & close
- Share debate and discussion techniques with teachers
- Provide guidance about how to teach trade, sustainability, public speaking and presentation skills
This course is suitable for the following participants: primary teachers, secondary teachers and headteachers to upper primary teachers, secondary teachers, and SLT
Please note that registration for the training has now closed.