Events Coordinator [Closing date: 29 September 2022]
We are looking to appoint an Events Coordinator. This is a fixed-term role for 36 months at a Grade 6 (£27,929 – £32,348).
Panmure House is Adam Smith’s only surviving residence. Nestled in the Canongate at the heart of Edinburgh’s World Heritage site, the house stood vacant for many years, suffering significant neglect as a result.
Edinburgh Business School and Heriot-Watt University rescued the house in 2008. A decade later in 2018, it opened formally as a new centre for thought, debate and research in the spirit of Adam Smith. The Panmure House of 2022 and beyond is a 21st-century hub of economic debate and scholarship – designed to turn Smith’s theories to practical use in the present day.
Summary of Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Programme Director, the Venue and Events Coordinator will work closely with Heriot-Watt Estates and Facilities, as well as a wide variety of contractors, to ensure the Panmure House building is maintained to the highest standards.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of designing and delivering complex events in collaboration with a varied range of stakeholders. They will coordinate a wide variety of events from enquiry stage right through to delivery; managing stakeholder briefs, event plans and timelines and bringing together the right level of internal and external technical and event support including logistics, AV, IT, catering, security, first aid, cleaning, and videography.
Panmure House is a philanthropically funded project which raises its operating and programme costs via sponsorship and donations. The postholder will proactively seek and secure leads for the generation of venue use opportunities, attracting revenue through events to assist in the funding of future programmes.
Skills Attributes & Experience
- Excellent organisational skills and time-management skills
- Attention to detail – understand your customers (internal and external) and go out of your way to exceed expectations
- Confident communicator who deals with a range of situations in a calm and professional manner
- Ability to work under pressure and to juggle multiple tasks / priorities
- Excellent problem-solving skills, tact and diplomacy
- Strong administration and IT skills with ability to adapt quickly to systems and related processes
- A flexible, target-driven, proactive approach
- ‘Can do’ attitude with self-motivation and enthusiasm
- At least 3 years’ experience in an events planning role
- Knowledge and experience of events industry and marketing
- Experience and understanding of the many facets involved in the management of a venue
Desirable (not essential)
- Qualifications in Event Management, HND or above (or related level of work experience)
- Experience of managing / delivering hybrid events
- Project management experience
- Demonstrable experience in health and safety for events, and writing risk assessments
- Food hygiene and liquor qualified
- Some requirement to work at weekends or out of hours in order to deliver events
Applicants should submit their CV and a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role.
Closing date for applications: 13:00 Thursday 29 September. Interviews will take place in person at Panmure House on Monday 10 October.
Any questions regarding the recruitment process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.